Jan 26, 2023We are looking for a Senior Engineer/Assistant City Engineer. This is a new position. Whoever occupies it will have a golden opportunity to learn from the City's veteran, high-performing, and award-winning engineering staff, and then to potentially develop into their roles as retirements occur in future years. The City of Sedro-Woolley is vibrant and growing, with expanding industries, outdoor recreation opportunities, and the best school district in the region. We have a robust set of capital projects underway and in the pipeline, including a major wastewater treatment plant expansion, building a new arterial road corridor in the north and west portions of the community, and multiple major parks projects. Apply today, join our amazing team, and make critical and lasting contributions that will benefit our community members for generations into the future!
The Senior Engineer/Assistant City Engineer works within our Public Works & Engineering Department. This position requires knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices, superb communication and customer service skills, ability to interpret plans and specifications within scope of knowledge, and excellent computer skills.
- Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering.
- Journeyman level of knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices, public works infrastructure design, construction and materials and techniques.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and permit requirements that govern construction projects.
- Washington State driver’s license and good driving record.
- This is an exempt position. The salary range is $84,442 to $119,694 per year and includes an excellent benefit package. Please read the full job description and position profile before applying.
- Applications should be addressed to:
City of Sedro-Woolley
Attn: Jeanine Goss
325 Metcalf Street
Sedro-Woolley, WA 98284
Or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply by February 13, 2023 (first review, open until filled)